Monday, August 13, 2012

Wedded Bliss.

It was a beautiful day on Friday, when Nathan and Amanda went to the Atlanta Georgia Temple. The only thing that didn't go to the temple was my camera. :(  But there was a professional photographer waiting for them outside who took lots of photos. I can't wait to see them.

Friday night was a whirlwind of baking pies and cupcakes and assembling the wedding cake along with packing up all of the decorations. 
My family and I traveled to Indian Springs and took over the pavilion. Six hours later it looked like this:


My trusty helpers- my sister, Dayna, my sister-in-law, Lynne, my nephew, Brandon and my nieces, Alyssa and Lizzie. What would I have done without them? They are the reason everything came together. Really.


My daughter and I cut 340 water bottles into flowers for the chandeliers. After coloring them with many cans of spray paint (and coloring my back porch) my friend, Cilla, and I assembled them. I was a bit afraid of how bright they were but once they were hung in the pavilion, they were perfect!


Alternating glittery turquoise and yellow vases held gorgeous roses on the tables and canning jars from my Aunt Marie held tea lights nestled in Epsom salts. 


At last, the happy couple arrived! Aren't they beautiful? 


There were lots of hugs and smiles.


The groomsmen. 


The boy. I love this kid. 


Exchanging rings in front of family and friends. 


And a kiss, too.


I made a Flat Nathan and Flat Amanda and provided cameras for the guests to have a little fun. I can't wait to get them developed!


Sneaking in a shot behind the photographer. Honestly, can these two be more gorgeous?


There was tons of really good food, provided by the bride's family.


The Bean, who took a header two days before the wedding and did her best Charlie Chaplin impersonation. She's still stinking cute.


She had a little fun trying to set Flat Uncle Nerd on fire with the lights!


Waiting for the big event....


they all gathered together.


The first dance as husband and wife.


Followed by a surprise wedding gift- Polynesian dancers! How cool is that?


I'm not sure that the kids got to eat dinner, 


but they did get to eat cake!


My wish for these two? Bliss and joy, always and forever.

Ready for a dose of adorable? This is the Bean doing her own Polynesian dance. Oh. My. Gosh.




3 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Karin, what a beautiful couple!!! And your decorations are just WONDERFUL!!! I can't believe those water bottle flowers...just amazing and so pretty! You really did transform the venue into a lovely reception hall ~ I'm so happy for your family and wish Nathan and Amanda a lifetime of love and happiness together!! ps and your little Bean is ADORABLE!! and growing so, so fast ~ hugs and love, Dawn

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! It all looks so Gorgeous Karin! Your son and DIL look so beautiful and happy. And the decorations! You did a great job -- I LOVE the Flat couple -- what a fun idea. And Emma! What a doll! The fan made me laugh -- it was like she couldn't put it down but it sort of put a crimp in her style LOL!

sewa mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.