Thursday, April 19, 2012

Flutter


It started by finding the blog, Mister Finch, a few months ago and then promptly forgetting about it. 

Then Monica pinned these on Pinterest a few days ago:

Prairie Mouse's moths.  LOVE THEM!

Moths made and photo by Prairie Mouse . Are they not gorgeous? Love.
So, you know I had to put my own spin on them, right? 


I like a bit of color. Also, butterflies. Pretty butterflies.
A little poke through my scrap boxes yielded a few sweet bits of fabric to make the wings. A dig through my shelves turned up red and white Divine Twine from my friend, Thimbleanna, for the antennae.


It was easy enough to sketch out the pattern for this butterfly but the fun part was sewing it together! I stuffed the body with wool fleece. I bought an entire fleece FOUR years ago and I am still stuffing everything from pincushions to toys to, well, butterfly bodies with it! It is the best stuff. (Ahahahaha- Pardon the pun.) 
Thanks for the inspiration, girls! Oh, and Mister Finch. :) 

4 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

PRECIOUS girl!!! Of course, yours are so happy and cheerful!!! I love your butterfly....hope you are doing so good, hugs and love, Dawn

Whimsey Creations said...

Oh how beautiful - I want one or maybe twenty. Need to learn how to make those - they are gorgeous!

Thimbleanna said...

You're too funny. It's the best stuff, but is it the Right Stuff??? ;-D Those are adorable -- are they for you or Emma???

Pearl Maple said...

Fab little creations, and so fun to look at