Thursday, February 23, 2012

It Doesn't Look Like Much........Yet.

The beginnings of cuteness. These are two quilts I am working on for Shop Hop. I write my patterns (writing cryptic notes is more like it) as I sew, giving me the chance to really wok things out in my head and catch any glitches as I go along. 
The first one involves hexagons and some PamKittyMorning fabric. I love this line so much. Cute, vintage-y looking, sweet, it has all the right stuff.  This is nothing like what the finished quilt will look like. I just needed a place to slap up these giant hexies!


It's going to be beautiful. 


I have been wanting to make a tumbler quilt forever. We recently got in the tumbler die for the AccuCut at work and I went to town cutting up shades of green and white pieces for a quilt.


I'm calling it Green Bean. Just because. :)
Have a happy weekend, everyone. I'm going to sew all day tomorrow. It will be so nice!

4 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Hey -- we can have a sew-along. I'm going to sew too. I've always wanted to make a tumbler quilt too -- I have the fabric all set, just need to finish some other projects! Can't wait to see your quilts!

Nicole said...

Green Bean! What a cute name! I'm sure both quilts will be beautiful. Enjoy your sewing day!

Pearl Maple said...

great looking collage of fabric, cheering you on for what looks like a great quilt in motion

randi--i have to say said...

such pretty greens for your tumbler quilt!