Saturday, February 11, 2012

Helloooooooooo.........

I've been remiss in my blogging. Missing in action, some might say. But, I've been very busy getting things ready at the shop for Shop Hop 2012! It's "A Day at the Fair" this year and we have all been up to our ears in preparations. New quilt samples, clothing samples, rearranging the store (which is a bit like redecorating your house because you have company coming!), preparing for the reveal of our Quilt Sampler quilt (we're in the Spring/Summer issue), well, you know. It's a lot of work.
I've also been busy in the sewing room. First of all, I cleaned it. I know- a miracle in itself. 
I'm in a toy making phase right now. 


This owl was made with felted sweaters and some hand dyed wool for a friend's baby shower. She's having a boy! I think he'll like his slightly disinterested owl. 


This is Patty Cat and she is going to be wrapped up for a little girl's 1st birthday today! She is ready for a hug. 


And, of course, there is this little Bean, who is not so little any more. Any time I get to spend with her is the best time of my day. She called us this morning, from her mommy's cell phone. We had a lovely conversation filled with some very exciting information. If only I had my 1 year-old translation book! No matter, we just carry on like we know exactly what she's talking about and she, in turn, is quite happy. I love this kid.


Really. 

4 comments:

monix said...

Hi Karin, it's good to see you back. I know just how crafting and beautiful grandchildren can eat up your time! I hardly ever get round to blogging these days but I think of you as I whip up my little aprons, dressing up clothes and quilts. I've never tried to make toys but that owl looks just the thing for my grandson's birthday in March - see what you've got me into!

Maureen

science + skeleton said...

Holy Moses! Emma is huge. She's gonna be a different person next time I see her. Also, she's really stinkin' cute.

The Feathered Nest said...

What??? Emma is getting so big sweetie!!! I love your wonderful handmades ~ they are perfect! I know you've been so busy, but never worry, we're here when you have time to post :) hugs and love, Dawn

Thimbleanna said...

Yay! A Post! I'm glad you've come up for air. I can't wait to see the spring sampler. Emma is getting SOOO big -- what a little cutie. Are you going to spring market?