Monday, February 20, 2012

Going Green

Good afternoon! How are you? Well, I hope. I'm still busy as a bee. Only a few more weeks and then Shop Hop 2012 will be over! (And I will be getting ready for 2013.) 
All of this work has been making me tired. More tired than normal. So, I decided to do something about it! I'm adding a little green to my day and it has really made a difference!
This is my breakfast every morning-


an egg, hard boiled; a handful of lentil sprouts and a green smoothie. I've adapted the recipe to suit my taste. The romaine lettuce really was not doing much for me. I make mine with 1/2 of a large bag of spinach (washed) and then add the remaining ingredients. I also use the juice of a whole lemon because I like that little bite it gives. So far, so good. I am not as tired, my skin looks better, I feel better and I'm not sick of it. Yet. I'm waiting...........


John Albert gave me a lovely surprise for Valentine's Day last week. He and sister went shopping and he came home with a bouquet of beautiful roses for his mom. Awww, how sweet! When I got home from work he came up to me, gave me a hug and patted my back and then signed to me "Flowers. You. Kitchen."  They still look beautiful. I hope I'm always his Valentine. :) Kind of like this:


I learned how to use the HandiQuilter at work! Gosh, it's fun. LOTS of fun! Now I want one. ha ha
Emma's Valentine's gift is my first attempt at using the HandiQuilter. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, especially after washing it. 


There's nothing better than a warm, crinkly quilt to curl up in. 

Well, that's what's been happening here in my little corner of the world. Nothing spectacular, just normal life. 
I love it.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

It sounds pretty darn spectacular to me! Your new breakfast plan sounds wonderful -- I should do such a thing, but I'm always in such a rush in the mornings. Love that cute little quilt -- lucky little Emma!