Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Quilting Elf

This is the year of the handmade Christmas. I haven't made totally handmade gifts in many, many years. It's just easier to shop, truthfully. But, I am determined to craft each gift specifically for the recipient and this one is my first:


It's for a friend at work. Our party is tonight and this cutie is all wrapped up and ready to go. She has everything she needs to start making quilts- or to inspire my friend to do so.


Here she is in the spotlight! I haven't given her a name. I figure that my friend will. But, we've bonded this little elf and I. I'm glad she's going to a good quilting home. :)

4 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

She's darling Karin -- I'll bet yoru friend loved her. I love the cute little quilt banner!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh she's a cutie and a real quilting muse! You did a great job..and I too am TRYING to have a {mostly} handmade Christmas this year.. wich me luck!

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Karin, she's PRECIOUS!!! I just know your friend will love her ~ what a wonderful little pixie muse! hugs and love, Dawn

Pearl Maple said...

Oh that is just too cute
Happy holidays to you and your family