Thursday, November 3, 2011

Starry-eyed.

What a trip! I cannot even begin to tell you how much fun I had at market- even though it was some pretty hard work! Here's a shot of a portion of the floor looking through one of the huge round windows in the convention center. It does not do this bit of craziness justice! Picture it- Row after row of quilts, fabrics, patterns, accessories, software, notions and everything else you could think of laid out before you. Crazy. The rows were numbered 100-2200, if that helps you envision the enormity of the whole shebang. Good night above.

One of my favorite things was to meet the women that I have "conversed" with over the past couple of years through their blogs. Two of my favorite people happened to be at market:


Like Anna, from Thimbleanna, whose blog is one I make sure to read, every day.. I actually got to meet her at sample spree (pretty much a madhouse!) and we had matching, wrinkle brown paper bags for each other. Not just paper bags, but paper bags with treats inside. We're kindred spirits, that girl and I. And, obviously, connoisseurs of wrapping supplies! I'll have to share what she gave me when my camera battery recovers!


The other girl I had to meet was Pam Viera-McGinnis from PamKittyMorning. She is adorable! If you don't read her blog, you should! She has such a fun outlook on things and she makes the most adorable stuff in her sewing room- from quilts, to bags to pot holders. You name it, she makes it. The girl is a genius! I just loved getting to chat with her.
Once I sort through my photos, I'll share more. There was just so much to see and do. Schoolhouse on Friday, with classes from 9:00-6:00 with some of the most creative people, walking through the market floor for 3 days and trying to look professional (ha!), eating kolaches every morning we were there and loving every bite, spending time with some of the best people I know- Karen, Wendy and Angela, and soaking in every bit of creativity I could find. 
Houston, you were a blast!

4 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh gross -- get that picture of me off of there LOL!!! I was Dead by then! It was SOOOO fun to finally meet you and have a sliver of time to chat -- you're a doll -- just as I imagined you. Let's do it all again!!!

The Feathered Nest said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time sweetie!!! You look gorgeous! Did you get a hair cut after I saw you???? Both of these fabric artists are so amazing and I'm so happy that your were able to meet them Karin!!!! I can't wait to see more ~ hope you are doing great sweet friend, hugs and love, Dawn

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh I agree with Dawn- yo ulook absolutely beautiful! Those are great photos of you and you look as if you are having a great time!

Pearl Maple said...

what a fabulous adventure, your camera must have been running hot with so much to see and do