Friday, November 25, 2011

Like a Big Foofy Petticoat.

One of my favorite things to do, when I have the time, is to wander about Pinterest. You can find the most amazing things on there! Like this little gem offered by Little Miss Momma:


Ah, finally a use for coffee filters that does not require coffee! I chose this as my Thanksgiving craft for this year. Usually there is lots of family here to gather and make a craft after dinner. Not this year, so it was just Ainslie and I who started on our craft project together. A tired baby cut our session short so I made mine tonight. Here it is hanging in  my living room window.


And a little closer.


I used a little over two 160 count packages of coffee filters to make mine. I found them at the Dollar Tree. The 12 inch wreath form came from Wal Mart and was $4.50. That and a little hot glue (well, maybe a lot of hot glue) made this a very inexpensive project done in about 2 1/2 hours. A very inexpensive gorgeous project!
This is the kind of craft my grandmother liked to do- transforming the most humble objects into something extraordinary. I think she would have loved making this wreath. I know I did.
Now to find an excuse to make another one!

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Too Cute Karin! I love it with the pretty red ribbon too!!!