Monday, April 11, 2011

There, that's better.

Two posts in one day? Well, yes, because I probably will not be posting the rest of this week. There's just too much to get done. One thing I can check off my list is the guest room! It is finished.
Well, except for a little zhushing that is.


This bed belonged to my Great-Grammy Kimball. I inherited it from her when I was a little girl. It originally came with its exposed wire box spring and horse hair mattress. It's much more comfortable now.! I am going to be making a new quilt for the bed and adding some curtains to the window. Just something simple, but pretty. I'm all about simple and pretty lately.


That little wire dress form has lived in so many places in my house. It was a steal at the Goodwill in Kimball, Tennessee, for $2.99! A sweet tea-stained slip and it's good to go. The red wire basket under the table came from a silent auction at my children's elementary school many years ago. Like the dress form, it's been everywhere in my house! I shall name it Versatile.


My grandmother's dresser. Classic Empire here. My friend, Frannie, made the rag doll. Her name is Bunny.


Oh, and that gleaming white floor underneath it? L.O.V.E.
I told the hubs that we need to move into the guest room now because our room is so stinkin' ugly neglected.
It didn't fly.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Your guest room looks very nice!

Thimbleanna said...

You're so funny. Just how stinkin' ugly is it LOL!

Your guest room is gorgeous. It looks like you already have a beautiful quilt on the bed. I love the wire basket too -- I'm rather taken with wire baskets for some reason these days!

Whimsey Creations said...

Really pretty, comfy, and homey looking - love it!