Saturday, April 9, 2011

Painting, painting..........

We've been doing a bit of redecorating here at the S house. What started as a perfectly innocent thought has turned into a major project.
Last Sunday was JA's birthday. His 25th birthday. We are always at a loss as to what to do for him. The thought came that it would be nice to give him a room upgrade. It all started with a Paong chair from Ikea. And then it got worse from there- we switched rooms! 
He is now in his sister's old room, which had been painted pink with chocolate brown stripes. Yes, really. It is now a very manly, um, taupe, chosen by JA himself.

From pink and brown......


to taupe. Better.


 The "man corner", where he can sit and watch TV or just chill. He sits here a lot. In fact, sometimes I go in and sit in that chair. It's very comfortable!


Because JA took over his sister's old room, which we used as a dumping place for all the crap we don't know what to do with guest room, that meant his room needed a makeover. I don't have a photo of the before and that's probably a good thing. His room was orange under the chair rail, yellow on top with dots of red, green, orange and white placed strategically here and there. It was my own fault. You would have thought I'd have learned my lesson with the stripes! 
With visions of a retreat in mind, I set out to make a change. Color? Yellow. But a little grayer than it was. It's a lovely color called Castle Stone (by Behr). I have visions of a sweet red and white quilt covering the bed with lots of pillows and flowers on the dresser. Also in my line of vision was a white floor. JA's room didn't have a white floor. It had a brown and tatty floor from years of JA inexplicably moving furniture in the middle of the night and dogs clicking their tiny nails all over it.  Not any more!
It's white. Gleaming, well, almost, white. One or two more coats and it will be done. See?


As for the rest of the room, well, I'll take a little inspiration from here. This is going to be fun!



 Now, where am I going to put all of that junk?  

1 comment:

Whimsey Creations said...

I love that color of yellow - have been thinking about redoing one of my bathrooms in yellow but can never seem to find the right shade. Yours might be it!