Saturday, February 26, 2011

Springing!

We are having the  most delightful weather lately. So much nicer than having things encrusted in ice!
The grass is changing from brown to green and little bits of plant life are waking up from their winter naps to poke through the leaves.


 The daffs have blossomed over the past few days. These are teeny tiny little things that I found in the woods behind the house a few years ago. I think they like being tucked up against the front wall getting lots of sunshine. Who wouldn't?


 I love the tree in our front yard, most of the time. This time of year, it's a favorite. In the summer, when I am trying to grow a garden, it's the bane of my existence, casting its shadow over most of the front yard- the only place I can grow vegetables. This may be its last year.


 The Bradford pear in our front yard is a volunteer. It is really only half a tree as it is growing right up against a very tall and lanky pine tree! You go, intrepid pear tree!


 I spent a lot of time out in the yard today, peering through things looking for new life, watching the sun as it shone through tender leaves and jumping at the emergence of new insect life. I love spring!


I also love light desserts at this time of year. Maureen shared a recipe from her brother for a Greek yogurt dessert on her blog. I raced off to the grocery store to get the required digestive biscuits and yogurt and came home to make it. Doesn't this look yummy?


It definitely is. 


It is also loaded with Weight Watcher Points Plus so this little scoop out of the side is my allotted portion for the day  week. It was totally worth it!
Now it's back to the sewing room for me. Shop hop will be here before I know it and there are quilts to be made, patterns to be written and a whole  lot of space to decorate! Have a lovely weekend, everyone.

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh you lucky duck! I definitely remember March as the month that spring arrives in teh south, and here we are, right at March's door. I can't believe how busy you've been -- I hope you get a chance to catch your breath! (And thanks for all the blog love in your last message to me!)

monix said...

My garden is just coming to life but isn't as advanced as yours. Isn't it lovely when the evenings get longer and the plants start to grow?

I am so glad that you enjoyed the dessert. I have just arrived home from the lunch party that I made mine for and everyone there loved it. My portion was the same size as yours but worth the points! I have thought of ways of adapting the recipe to make it less sinful but I'll keep that for Lent!

Nan said...

I can barely remember those outdoor colors of green and yellow. I know white very, very well. ;<)