Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fuh-reezing!!

It is so cold here in our neck of the woods. The temperature at the bank was 28 degrees but the wind makes it feel like 2.8 degrees. The only thing to do is to stay indoors and do fun things. Like making quilts!
This is my Diamond Scone Bliss quilt. The pattern is next month's Breakfast Club choice and the fabric is Bonnie and Camille's  Bliss. Love.
It was a labor of love to hang this little baby on my clothesline. The wind whipped it back and forth and I was slipping as I tried to take a good photo. I gave up. You get what you get.


 Piecing this together was a bit of a challenge with so many bias cuts, but it went together rather quickly, I think. I started yesterday morning and finished it this afternoon. It's a small quilt that will make a nice wall hanging or, perhaps, a little sumthin'-sumthin' for a certain baby I know. We'll see.


 This is the reason we are all staying indoors- a layer of ice, covered by a layer of snow, covered by a layer of ice. Its beauty can only be appreciated while standing in your warm house looking out the window. Every step out is a severe injury-inducing accident waiting to happen. Treacherous.


I reckon I'm going to get a lot of sewing done.

7 comments:

Halle said...

Beautiful quilt...be careful on the ice!!

Lynne Leavell said...

The quilt is beautiful. Maybe I can make breakfast club next month. I finally went back to work today and had to do payroll. Trust me that is all I did was payroll and then I left. I'm still working on Dream Weaver and then I have January's quilt (Ot's going to be a big one).You becareful and stay warm.

Whimsey Creations said...

Little quilt? Sure doesn't look little to me. Very beautiful! I've been working at home for 3 days but it's back on the road for me tomorrow morning. Took a test run yesterday afternoon and because of the puddles that were left (that I'm sure were ice this morning) I stayed home one more day. But I figure most of it evaporated some today so I should be OK tomorrow. Take care and keep those chickens warm - hey maybe they need a quilt? LOL You could make little quilt coats for them. LOL

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Wow! Be careful! I got some of those studded thingies you put on your shoes with elastic..and I haven't fallen yet this winter! Stay warm..and if the cold produces quilts as beautiful as this...keep freezing!!

Thimbleanna said...

I hope you're not going out in that mess! Your little quilt is beautiful. I love that fabric. Thanks for risking life and limb to get a pretty picture for us LOL!

Pearl Maple said...

Good sewing weather for sure. My mom used to always say the more the wind flaps the softer the towels will dry on the line. Do you think there is any truth in that or was it her way of getting kidds to do chores?

Amy Ellen said...

I love the pattern of that quilt as well as the colors that its done in. How beautiful...
Hugs
Amy