Thursday, December 2, 2010

In My Dreams.....


If I was thinner than I am right now (I'll just leave it at that!), I would be wearing some of these clothes.
As I am not, I just dream.
These photos come from this blog:  Atelier des Ours. It is beautiful and very, very French. I like to read through and see if I can translate it using the French that resides in the far reaches of my brain. It's like a mental exercise. It also brings back memories of Mrs. Brown, my freshman year French teacher. She was old and cranky. Her lips were always pursed together and I don't think I remember her smiling. Ever.
But, we're not here to talk about Mrs. Brown. We're here to talk about these clothes!


Who wouldn't want to dress a bit like Laura Ingalls Wilder, only hip and cool?
They are the epitome of casual chic

I want to make this scarf! How hard could it be?
.

I can just see me going out to tend the chickens in this!


L.O.V.E.

Anyway, if you know me, you are aware that this is a far cry from what I wear every day. But, it's what I would wear if I could get away with it. Absolutely.

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oooooh, I LOVE the chicken feeding outfit. And the sweater. I'm in your camp though -- too bad we can't get away with that. Now, I know, according to popular culture "French Women Don't Get Fat" (yeah right), but maybe we need to do some research into what little un-thin, older French women wear -- there might be something in it for US!

Tilda said...

#2 photograph is definitely ME. #1 I would love to be, #3 absolutely makes me smile...yes chickens would love it. Actually it reminds me of Frannie, except perhaps she has a tad more class.
But people already believe I dress in eccentric clothes anyway...and I suppose the usually barefeet is a dead give away that I dress for ME. Love this post! the verification word is lonest...

Tilda said...

Me again. I went to that site and after looking at all those great clothes, I think Frannie must BUY her clothes there. They look just like her style that she looks so great in. Me...not so much. Tilda