Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Spectacle.

I made a necklace for myself a few weeks ago and I thought I would share it with you. It's made from a pair of old glasses I found in some of my mother's things she had packed away. I don't know to whom they belonged (she probably bought them at a yard sale), but they are pretty cool. So, I gathered up a few bits and bobs-


 Some old earrings, a crystal drop, a tiny bee from an old slide bracelet, circle chain from Michael's and a pearl necklace from my grandmother and made this sort of funky, but really fun, necklace.


It just makes me happy to take old junk and give it new life!
Hmmm, what else can I make?

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That's awesome! I hate to be negative or anything, but I like my pretty blue better LOL. But man, those spectacles are sooo cool -- you're brilliant!

monix said...

Karin, I can't imagine how you found time to make this with all your grandmotherly joys and duties as well as everything else that fills your days. It is very pretty and certainly unique!
Maureen

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Really cool! Love how your mind works :-)