Monday, November 15, 2010

The Place I Love to Be.

It's raining. I cannot tell you what a welcome sight glossy roads and dripping trees are here. It's been a long time since we've had the kind of rain where you have to turn on the lights in the house.


 This is a cozy rain, one that makes me want to do homely things like roasting pumpkins for pies and soup.


 Rinse all of the seeds and prepare them for toasting by tossing them in a little olive oil and some sea salt and, maybe, some curry powder or cinnamon and sugar. Or a little pepper with the salt. I'll cross that bridge later.


 I helped my son-in-law paint our house last week. All week. It was such hard work and Kyle did such a nice job, even if he doesn't like to paint. We didn't get to the porch yet and, with the rain, it may be a few days more before we do. Just picture it chocolate brown and then  put red shutters at the sides of the windows and, well, you get the picture.


While the rain lasts, you will find me home, listening to my Hem station on Pandora and puttering about. Seriously, can there be any better way to spend time? I don't think so.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

I agree! Have fun being all cozy -- we're getting a bit (not nearly enough) of rain here today too -- I love it!