Friday, November 26, 2010

The Most Wonderful of Things.

How was your Thanksgiving? Ours was wonderful. My sister and her family came up from Florida and we spent the day eating and crafting. We love eating and crafting. 
After dinner was over, I made a video to send to my son, Nathan, who is in Iraq. Nothing really exciting, just all of us wishing him a Happy Thanksgiving and telling him how much we miss him. Oh, and that we'll see him in March when he comes home on leave.
I went in to work this morning to help with the Black Friday sale. Wow! Was it busy! There were so many people and so much to do- helping to carry bolts of fabric, putting them back, finding homes for more, getting fixtures to put out new stock. Lots and lots of things. As I came around a corner, wire shelving in hand, I saw this boy:



He isn't in Iraq. He's home. And I lost it in the middle of the shop as it finally registered that it actually was him standing in front of me! Needless to say that as wonderful as yesterday was, today was much, much better.
I am very full of thanksgiving. :)

7 comments:

Pat said...

You must be over the moon! Congratulations on your surprise visitor!!! Enjoy, Pat

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! Hugs! Bramble

Thimbleanna said...

OHMYGOSH! What a WONDERFUL surprise -- you must've been beside yourself! That's AWESOME!

Thimbleanna said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW BANNER -- That's Awesome! You're a very, very clever girl!!!

Kate said...

Now that was some kind of wonderful! Also agree with Thimbleanna - CUTE banner!

monix said...

What a wonderful surprise! And how Emma has grown - she is obviously enjoying her uncle's company. Have lots of happy times together.
Maureen

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

yayayayayayay..YAY! My heart is FULL for you!!!!!!