Wednesday, June 16, 2010

On My Soapbox.

Nothing political or earth-shattering here! It's just that I'm finally pulling together the elements to put in my soapbox for the Tarnished and Tattered challenge.



The box is going to be covered in...well, you'll have to wait and see. The photo is of my grandparent's wedding. The paper flowers and shimmering rhinestones are a must. I do have an idea for the opening and I think it's going to be very cool. Now that I have the idea and the stuff, I should be able to get this together by next week.
Geesh, it's taken me long enough!

Oh, I almost forgot to put in a shameless plug for myself- it's my birthday today and I am off to work. I can't think of a better way to spend the day than to create displays at the quilt shop. It sure beats doing laundry, mopping floors and cleaning the bathrooms. ;)

6 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a wonderful, creative day!!!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday, dear one. Have a nice day at work. Shame you have to go. I think everyone should get a day off - from EVERYTHING - for their birthday.

monix said...

Many happy returns. Enjoy your day.

Tilda said...

Happy Birthday! I don't know what you are doing with the challenge thing, but LOVE the picture of your grandparents and the whole thing sounds intriguing!
in fond regard, Tilda

Nan said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Whimsey Creations said...

Happy Birthday girlfriend! I hope you have a marvelous day.