Thursday, June 17, 2010

Measuring Up.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a lovely day.

One of the best parts of a birthday is to receive unexpected gifts. Really, there wasn't anything I could think of for my family to get me this year. Dang. But, they obviously did not need my help!
This is what Mr. Smith chose for my gift (with the help of Darling Daughter):


Measuring bowls from Anthropologie! Seriously? Yes!


How cute are they with their pouty spouts and cheerful colors?


I'm not sure I'll ever use them to measure anything. But, then again, maybe I will.
Speaking of Darling Daughter, Ainslie bought me the wreath that I have been coveting from Target.


It looks perfect in my living room.
The colors are spot on and it adds just the perfect touch over the little dresser.


I could look at this forever. And now I can because it's mine!
My friend, Julie, gave me something I never thought could be given- time.



It is a fifteen minute hour glass. It came with a little card instructing me to tip it over any time I need a break from whatever it is I'm doing and take 15 minutes just for me. So far, I've used it twice- once to read my scriptures and once to organize my bedside table. It is simple and beautiful and oh-so-appreciated.
Thank you, for making yesterday a very happy birthday.
I am so spoiled. :)

5 comments:

marcia @Child in Harmony said...

The hour glass is beautiful and what a wonderful use for it..a truly special gift. I want one!!!

happy birthday !

sarayutouched said...

take that 15 minutes...over and over...just for you. hoping you had a blessed happy birthday!!!

The Feathered Nest said...

Happy Birthday sweet Karin!!!!! I hope your day was just wonderful girl ~ I love those measuring cups and the wreath?? GORGEOUS! Sending you hugs and love birthday girl! Dawn

Thimbleanna said...

What lovely gifts! And what a fun idea to give that cute little timer -- I need to file that idea away!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Wonderful gifts :-) Happy Happy Birthday (late) and have a wonderful whole birthday year until your birthday next year!