Sunday, May 30, 2010

Rested.

I apologize for my absence. I've been recovering from all the wedding hoopla and working at the shop. It's been a busy week!
I'd like to thank all of you for your lovely comments and well-wishes for the newlyweds. They are happily living in their own little home and adjusting to married life. They are the cutest couple on earth, but then, I may be a bit prejudiced.
My garden has decided to blossom forth while I have been hibernating.


The Grandmother's Basket spirea has done very well so far. The leaves are huge- big enough to catch the lone raindrop that fell the other day.


The hydrangea (not the offensive one that poked me in the eye) on the kitchen side of the house has bloomed into froths of pale blue blossoms. I bought this plant in a yard sale five years ago. It was a little cutting from a bush that graced the grave of the owner's mother. It is quite content in its new home and delivers sigh-inducing color every single year. It is a sweet sight in my garden.


Since it bloomed so prolifically, I cut a few of the heavier blossoms that had drooped to the ground to bring indoors. I wish they would look like this forever. But, they won't.


Really, how could you resist? The shades of palest blue to white to the color of the sky on a cloudless day are poetic.


And here is another beautiful thing! My mom and I went out to a few yard sales yesterday morning, just to see if there was anything worthwhile to be had. Well, there certainly was at one yard sale! It's a beautiful cut crystal bowl. The top edge is scalloped with a heavily serrated edge that is as sharp as it can be. I was very careful when I washed it! When the sunlight hits the bowl, it refracts into a million tiny rainbows worthy of Pollyanna's prism room. All of this for only $3! Seriously.
Now that I am recovered, I will be back to posting bits and bobs of this life of mine, projects that I've made and get back to that Love This! Monday. It will be a pleasure.

2 comments:

Marie said...

What beautiful flowers and the perfect bowl to showcase them in!! What a lucky find!

Angie said...

That's the trouble with hydrangeas, isn't it, they hardly last five minutes when you cut them. It's too soon by a long way for ours yet but I keep on checking their tiny little buds.

That bowl was quite a find too. I wish I ever found things like that!