Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Just a Beautiful Day.

This past Saturday was the first Down South Quilt Show, put on by the Busy Needles Quilt Guild. I worked the AST booth and had a blast!
One thing I wanted to do was to take some photos of the venue. The show was held at Nash Farm, a Civil War battlefield. It is a beautiful setting and while I was on a lunch break, I poked about with my camera.
Here's a few to give you an idea of how lovely this place really is. Oh, you can pop over here to see photos of the quilt show!
















I hope you enjoyed the tour!

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! It looks like a really cool place to have a quilt show. Although, I hope they didn't put them where there were mud floors LOL!

Tilda said...

Nash Farm. Your land of the South never fails to bring about a sadness for the losses in the mightly uprising as it is called in the North. The writings in the Nash Farm are powerful and read almost without taking a breath. Your battlefields are haunting, like you are there with them, if you only close your eyes and stand still in silence. Thanks for sharing that link Madrekaren.
in fondest.. Tilda
Of the south in spirit.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Love the photos!!