Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's Done, It's Done, It's Done!

I have finally finished the bathroom! After the months of agony endured from peeling that blasted scrapbook paper off the walls, I now have a bathroom that I want to have people see. I think it's beautiful.



Restful, calm and serene are words that spring to mind now.
 Gone are the feelings of chaos, clutter and, well, annoyance.




I'll have to make a new shower curtain to hang in here. The white seems to bland for me now. But, it will do until I find something to replace it with. Maybe a trip to Ikea is in order. Oh, wait! I have some fabric in my sewing room from there that just might work. Hmmm.......
Guess where I'll be today?

10 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

this looks just beautiful! what a great transformation. I especially love your longaberger basket hanging on the wall :)

Angie said...

I love it, specially that star on the wall

science + skeleton said...

yep, looks like monterey minus the rich, white people.

The Feathered Nest said...

Karin!!! IT'S GORGEOUS!!! Yaaaay you girl! I know that paper was a big ol' pain and source of contention with you, your hard work paid off sweetie, it's just beautiful and you're right, relaxing and calm is a perfect description. I'm honored you hung my star too!!! hugs and love, Dawn
When I get some moola, let's go too Ikea together, OK?? :)

SEO Los Angeles said...

I love it!
It's beautiful. Good job!

Thimbleanna said...

WooHoo! Congratulations -- all that awful paper stripping is done -- what a relief that must be. It looks fabulous!

Deborah Jeans Dandelion House ~ inspired living said...

Wonderful! Looks great! A refreshing change indeed! I love that feeling when you finish a project almost as much when you get an idea for a new one! It's the in between part that's tough!

Deb~

Amy said...

It looks great!

Nan said...

It looks great! Is that black on the lower part of the wall? And what is the name of the upper wall color? I just bought the cutest shower curtain through some amazon store - it is a clear vinyl one with little yellow ducks brushing their teeth, taking a bath, etc. Adorable, as well as bright and cheery.

madrekarin said...

Hi, Nan- The color on the bottom is a Martha Stewart color called Seal. It's a deep brown-gray, almost charcoal but warmer. The top color is called Morning Fog, also a MS color at the Home Depot.
Your shower curtain sounds adorable! Who doesn't like little yellow ducks?