Thursday, April 8, 2010

Welcome to Spring in Georgia.

I have shared your comments with my mom. Thank you very much, for your kindness and thoughtfulness. I am grateful beyond words for each of you.
Now, to the business at hand-



This is the hood of my truck, covered in pine and other pollens. Yuck.
If you drove anywhere in Georgia yesterday, you probably witnessed the thick, yellow haze that fairly blocked the sun. It was incredible and disgusting all at the same time. You could actually see clouds of pollen being blown from the trees! I think our cold winter has something to do with it. The trees are doing what they should be doing, only all at once! Maybe this means allergy season will be shorter. One can only hope.

7 comments:

amy said...

I was hoping we would escape the pollen here in North Carolina. No such luck, although we have not had the clouds of the grossness.

Angie said...

Though I envy you your sunshine, 'd rather freeze than have that pollen smog!

Diva Kreszl said...

it would certainly be nice if it was shorter because this year it certainly seems to be stronger!

Thimbleanna said...

Achoo!!! Hope you don't suffer too long!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Wow - I thought it was frost at first! Pollen? Oh, I'd be miserable :-(

Hope it clears out soon!

Tilda said...

you have pollen. we my truck out it would have been covered in SNOW.
drated stuff. i am back to wearing shoes again!
it has all melted off this afternoon, but it remains cold and raw out. i should be making your jelly! violets won't surface here for a while yet...
thinking of you, DAYLA, and your mom. and sending big hugs!
tilda, a tad chilled...

Whimsey Creations said...

Yes, one can only hope since that makes it migraine season too! However, I have to say I love your artiste way with your truck - I may go outside and draw a picture! LOL