Friday, April 23, 2010

Out and About

Mom and I headed out early this morning heading to an estate sale in Griffin. It took us forever to get there (we got lost twice) and, when we finally arrived, it was pretty well picked over. :(
I did find a few things, some peat pots for a dollar, an enameled bowl for three dollars, which will go to the dog, and two pot holder looms for two dollars. I am the last of the big spenders.



Mom found a pen for Dad (he collects them) and a book for herself for a whopping total of three dollars. Boy, I bet they were happy we came to the estate sale! ha ha
After we left, we drove over to Antique Griffin for a little poking about. I was looking for things for the quilt shop and found a lot of stuff that will be perfect. I didn't buy anything for that purpose today but I did find a few things for me, like-



A tiny canopy bed, complete with bedding, for five dollars (seriously!), three clay marbles (not old, but still cute) and a package of Feathered Nest soaps from Dawn's booth. Yes, I finally made it there!
The weather was beautiful and the drive through Griffin was lovely. There are some exquisite houses there. I usually drive through saying, "I could live there or there or there, as long as I can have chickens!"
We ate lunch at Red Lobster and then headed for home. Nothing too exciting, it was just a very nice day. :)

5 comments:

JellyQ said...

Yeah for very nice days! Give your Mom my love.

Angie said...

Thanks for putting in the links. It brings it all into glorious technicolor for us lot in UK.

Love to your mum!

Thimbleanna said...

Sounds like a pretty exciting day to me! Beats the day I had with my mom -- while I enjoyed being with her, an antique shop would have been a lot more fun than the grocery store! ;-)

Marie said...

What a great day. I Just LOVE that tiny canopy bed!! What a wonderful find! I would not have been able to resist either! xxoo

The Feathered Nest said...

Hey sweetie!!!! You are SO not going to believe this but I hit that SAME estate sale Friday!!! It was slim pickins but I did find a few treasures! I'm sorry my space was so sparse, we've sold a good bit and hadn't been back to replenish. I did head over there after the estate sale to add in a few goodies. I only have two egg soap packets left!!! I hope you love yours....I do hope your mama had a wonderful time with you, please let her know that she's in my thoughts and prayers, hugs and love, Dawn