Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It is what it is.

We found out yesterday that my mother has lung cancer. A very common form, but still. She goes in for a PET scan on Tuesday to see if it is anywhere else other than her lung and from there treatment will be determined.
She is taking it well. I'm surprised, but I think that is a good thing. Perhaps this will help her fight.
Thank you to those who have e-mailed me asking about how she is and how I am. I am grateful to you for your uplifting thoughts and prayers on our behalf. I love this world of bloggers.
I will keep you posted. Promise. I am going to try and keep things as normal as possible.
I'll start posting about fun things soon. I made some violet jelly today from the violets that grow at my house and next door at Mom and Dad's. It is some serious delish! I think I need to make some shortbread cookies and buttercream and make violet sandwich treats. What do you think?
Oh, I got the recipe here. I so need to try the other kinds she has listed. Mint jelly? Bring on the lamb!! :)
Have a beautiful day, everyone.

13 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

My sister was diagnosed with lung cancer late last August. She has since undergone radiation treatments and several rounds of chemotherapy. Her spirits continue to be good and I do believe that is what has carried her thus far. The new meds to comabt nausea are great and I'm sure your Mom will do well, whatever the treatment plan. I shall be praying for you both. As her cheerleader you will need strength and uplifting too!

Tina said...

I am so sorry. I will be praying for your Mom and Dad and also for you.

Deborah Jeans Dandelion House ~ inspired living said...

So nice to see you back here! I have been praying for you and your family since your last blog post!
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother as you fight to win this battle!
Deb~ ( from MA.)

ps. your jelly sounds decadent!

Deborah Jeans Dandelion House ~ inspired living said...

ps. come on over to Dandelion House for inspiration and a pick me up anytime!

Deb~

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Missed you. Sorry for this turn of events. I;m here for you and am sending prayers up for strength, stamina and love..
Colleen

Tilda said...

...so in times of trial, you make violet jellies! I eat chocolate! Your solution is probably MUCH better than mine. And I am frowning that you have violets. We are supposed to get SNOW again after a few weeks of bare ground. All my 6-8 " high perennials will be buried or froze. Actually smiling...rather than frowning about your violets. Anything that brings a smile to your face.
I will keep in touch. And have your family in my thoughts and prayers. Tell DAYLA howdy from me.
Tilda, way up north

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Karin, I'm so sorry about your mother dear friend. I will keep your mom and you as well in my prayers...and you are amazing you know ~ violet jelly? Sounds delish...sending you hugs and love, Dawn

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Karin. I'm so sorry about your mother. I hope you'll all be able to stay positive -- it sounds like your mother will lead the way. Moms are like that, aren't they?

Violet jelly sounds wonderful. Especially with your buttercream and shortbread -- a definite must try!

amy said...

I am so sorry Karin. I pray for strength for you all during this time.

I have never heard of violet jelly. It sounds wonderful.

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

I'm so sorry....Cancer is so scary, I was diagnosed in 2004 in beginning stages of cancer, and its numbing at first....God will carry you and your family...especially your mom....prayers for you ALL, most definitely your mother!
I've heard of so many dishes being made with violets, I've wanted to try them so badly! The jelly sounds wonderful..whatever does it taste like?

Nan said...

Oh, Karin, I wish the news had been better. My love and prayers to you all as you go through this.

Angel Jem said...

Sorry to hear. My husband's Mum had cancer, but not a good one. My brother has a brain tumour which is going better... I'll be thinking of you.

Whimsey Creations said...

I'm sorry to hear that Karin. Your family will remain in my prayers. Hugs!