Saturday, February 27, 2010

Twenty-eight.

That's how many years I've been married to this man.

He's the guy who still floats my boat, makes me laugh, weak in the knees and, sometimes, a bit annoyed. I'm just being honest here.
We've been through a lot, the two of us, but we've always come out of each little thing together. He is the one I can always count on.
Yesterday we celebrated another anniversary. Sixteen years ago we went to the temple, where we were married for time and all eternity. It is the one that means the most to me because he
chose to stand beside me forever and ever. We are a couple to infinity and beyond.
It started as just us, then one baby, then another and another. And, in September, a little grand- baby will join us. I think we've come full circle. So, happy anniversary, Mr. Smith. I am so grateful to be your wife.
Now, go take out the trash.

6 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!!

The Feathered Nest said...

Happy Anniversary sweetie!!!!! I hope you both had a wonderful day...and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so so happy for you, a grandchild is truly a gift from Heaven dear friend. I'm so lame...I just listened to all of our phone messages and found yours! I'm so sorry I missed you ~ hugs and love, Dawn

Marie said...

Happy Anniversary!! May there be many, many more. Isn't it a wonderful feeling to be sealed together for time and all eternity. I wish everyone could see that and be able to share this extra special blessing from above!! xxoo

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha! That's a great anniversary post -- especially that last line -- you're too funny!

Happy Anniversary -- and congratulations on the new grandbaby-to-be!

Kathy said...

Woo-ha! This message is posted a little late to celebrate the day but hey! there is a whole year ahead before the next anniversary so I wish you both the very best together forever and ever. (+ congratulations on the new grandbaby on the way - I am one up on you there and it is just as wonderful as everyone says!)--Kathy

Colleen said...

Isn't it a hoot being married to a fun loving guy? You are very fortunate as is HE..now go there and have 28 more...at LEAST!!