Thursday, February 18, 2010

A New Sweater Hat and a Deal Is Sealed

I've made another sweater hat, this one for my son's Army friend. The request for this hat came with a deal- Nathan's friend would no longer use naughty Facebook language if I made him a green sweater hat. I jumped at the chance! I'm no dummy.
This young man has a propensity for using colorful language, the kind that makes me cringe when I read it. He knows this because I leave him comments all the time. All the time. It's the mother in me.




But, truly, it's for him. I'm not sure he really wants people to think of him as the boy who cannot write a sentence without swearing or inferring something crude and distasteful. There are certain things that one never needs to know about another human being. Sharing, in this case, is just a bit too much. There is always a more clever, concise and inoffensive way to get one's point across. It just takes thought.



So, this little hat is now on its way to Texas. Maybe it will be a thinking cap of sorts, one that will remind the wearer of the promise that was made with the maker. Really, he owes me nothing but I am trusting him to honor his word.
If he doesn't? Well, the hat will suck out all of his brains. Don't mess with a mom.

6 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha! Sounds like the perfect deal to me -- I hope you win!!!

Colleen said...

What a great incentive! You know,. bad language is the playground for the lazy mind...

Deb said...

Very Clever Karin...
The hat and the " deal"...
Love it!

Whimsey Creations said...

I love it! A brain sucking hat. Who knew? LOL

Marie said...

Lucky kid! Let's hope it works!! We are surrounded by cringe worthy language all the time. Even small children use it these days it seems. It really makes me sad for them.

Anonymous said...

Oh!!! I wasn't expecting that last part about sucking out brains but I *love* it! Only a mom could come up with that.

Julia