Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Never Underestimate the Power of a Hot Bath.


I'm a bit under the weather today. I'm achy and feverish. I'm coughing and cold. I'm never cold.
Last night I decided to take an Alka Seltzer before I went to bed. I opened the package, put the Alka Seltzer tablets in my hand, filled my glass with water and then, inexplicably, popped the tablets into my mouth! It took a second to realize what I had done and, by then, I had a mouth full of foam. Blecch.
This morning I woke up, read a few of my favorite blogs and wished that I could curl up and sleep in any corner I could find. Instead, I took a hot bath. Lovely.
Filled with the hottest water I could stand, a little lavender and some Epsom salts, I slipped in and within a few minutes in I found myself drifting off to sleep. Blissful, restful, much-needed sleep. It's amazing what that kind of rest will do for the body and the soul. Maybe I'll get a little something done. Maybe. I could just take hot baths all day.
Now, if I can just remember to put the Alka Seltzer in the water tonight, I'll be all set.

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Hurry and get well soon, Karin :) ♥♥

Thimbleanna said...

Oh No! I hope that hot bath worked and that you're feeling better!!!

Tina said...

OOOOh Poor Karin!!!! I hope you feel better soon!

Deb~ said...

Get better soon Karin!

I recommend more SOAKING.... RESTING AND THEN MORE SOAKING...
:)

Colleen said...

Oh a hot bath sounds good ! Stay warm, feel better and rest :-)

The Feathered Nest said...

You are so funny Karin, even when you're sick!!! I'm so very sorry you are under the weather, please DO rest and take good care of yourself ~ hugs and love, Dawn

Fete et Fleur said...

Yucky! The bath sound fantastic! Please get better soon.

Nancy

sarayutouched said...

...sure hope that you are feeling better...sorry that i laughed at your expense about the alka seltzer...

have a wonderful heart day!!! sounds like a good day for another long soak!!