Friday, February 26, 2010

Have You Met Marie?

One of my favorite blogs is Marie's The English Kitchen whose subtitle is: De-bunking the Myths of English Cookery One recipe at a Time. Don't you just love it?
Every day, Marie shares a new recipe on her blog, along with charming anecdotes that make you wish you were her neighbor in the English countryside.
I've made quite a few of her recipes like- Potato Pie, Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet Casserole, Lemon Chicken, Cheesy Baked Rigatoni, and this:



Homemade lemon curd.

Seriously, this is the best lemon curd you will ever eat. Silky, with tiny little bites of lemon zest and the kind of tart and sweet combination that makes your mouth deliriously happy. I made mine with the Meyer lemons my sister brought to me (that she picked from her father-in-law's backyard tree!), along with fresh eggs supplied by the girls. Their yolks are such a brilliant orange color that it made the lemon curd look as though I had added a bit of yellow food coloring. Be assured that I did not. It's just good, old fashioned rich and luscious egg yolks. If you make the lemon curd, you must also make the Lemon Drizzle Cake. Trust me, just trust me. I don't have a photo because, well, we ate the whole darn thing before I thought about snapping one.

Every recipe has been met with raves from my family. Even the picky ones! There's something about English food that immediately makes you feel all homey and warm. It is truly quintessential comfort food at its best.

Pop on over and visit Marie and her wonderful kitchen full of magical recipes. Your family will be so thrilled that you did. Your waistline, however, may never be the same again!

Oh, and you can also visit her other blog, A Year From Oak Cottage, where she shares insight into the sweet gal that she is and shares yet another recipe! If you want to see what else this multi talented girl is up to, visit Blossom Time Creations, where you will find Marie's artwork and dolls.

Really, I don't know how she does it all, but I'm so glad that she does!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh, you cannot imagine what my poor old tired eyes "thought" they were seeing when I saw the title and then saw what I "thought" I saw (an egg yolk on a spoon..??)AND I thought it was...ummm..maybe Marie..IN.THE.SPOON!!!????

Whew...OK, I feel better now...

Deborah Jeans Dandelion House ~ inspired living said...

I LOVE all things English! It's on my top 5 places to visit.I'm a collector of English China,try my hand at English Gardening and subscribe to English Home Magazine. I'm so glad you shared this recipe with us and related blogs....! I know what I'm doing tonight! ...
ps. Karin, for the South Shore girl in you...pop over to Dandelion House on March 1st for Beach Blossoms (in spring) and more...Deb~

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! Thanks for the great link. I completely agree with you about English food -- I've never understood why they get such a bad rap for having awful food!

Marie said...

Karin thanks so much for your very kind words about me! I'm not sure I really deserve them, but I'll take them and count them as a blessing. You made my day sweet friend! Bless you! xxoo