Saturday, January 16, 2010

Thimbleanna- This is for you!

I may have shared this before, but I'm not too sure. Anyway, this is my doll house that is in my living room wall. When I was ten, I had a dream about an old house and in the house were little doors that opened to reveal tiny homes for mice. Ever since then I wanted a house in my wall. I finally got one. It took a fire and the consequent reconstruction to give me the opportunity to make this dream come true. That was the blessing.

These are old photos. Two years ago my sister and her friend brought his daughter to our house for Thanksgiving. The house hasn't been the same since- but Mia loved it!! One day I will open the door and get back in there and straighten it out. It just has not been a priority. Seeing these pictures again makes me want to move it to the top of the list. Done!

Here it is, in all of its glory:








I made most of the food. It's fun seeing how tiny you can get things like carrots, peas, potatoes, pumpkins, cucumbers, candy, apples, pies, doughnuts, cakes and etc. My favorites are the tiny starlight mints, I guess because I made them first.

9 comments:

Marie said...

I just love it!! Oh how I long to have my very own home one day where I can do something like this! How very wonderful! xxoo

Thimbleanna said...

OH HOW CUTE!!! That's just perfect -- what a fun time! I have to show this to my sister!!! (Did you decide to add a mouse house beside it? ;-) ) Thanks for sharing -- that's the super fun part of blogging!!!

sarayutouched said...

oh so very cool. and you...so talented to make those tiny creations.

science + skeleton said...

i like this, because it means your dream came true. that's no small thing. there's a lot of reasons i love you, but pretty high up on the list is the fact that you taught me to go after what i want, to make my dreams come true. i know it doesn't make it right, but that's why i have that diver helmet. also, you're the best.

Susan said...

That is so neat - inside a wall! Even more magical like that.

Muddling Through said...

Well, thank you Thimbleanna for sending us here! What an absolutely wonderful and detailed little world you have there. I love it!

Colleen said...

First - what your son wrote is amazing - and far better than anything we could add..
Then..WOWZER! This is just totally amazing and cute and fun and oh..amazing all over again. The detail..the thought. I am impressed.
You amaze me, my friend ! :-)

Anonymous said...

That might be the sweetest thing I have ever seen! When can I move in?!!! Bramble

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Simply, that is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. A lil' treasure. Thanks for sharing. Cathy