Thursday, January 7, 2010

Simple Fare



I began making cream of mushroom soup for our dinner tonight and the smell of the mushrooms, combined with the caramelized onions, made me hungry. Since I had yet to add the beef stock, I made a little toast, took some of the mushrooms from the soup pot and ladled on a little of the thickened stock I use for the soup base. Yum.
Simple really is best.

Thank you for your comments on my little bathroom. Progress is slow as that stinkin' scrapbook paper just will not yield in some places. I think I must have done too good of a job putting it up. Darn me and my urges to do a job right!
Still waiting for snow here. And waiting, and waiting, and waiting..........

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh Yum! Are you forecast for snow? I checked the radar map about two hours ago and was really surprised at how far south the big blue cloud extended. Have fun!

The Feathered Nest said...

Yumm-o Karin!!! You make me crave your soup girl!!! I've been cooking out of the new winter issue of Weight Watchers 5/15 and tonight we are having mini garlic meat loaves ~ still no snow here either...it's 6:00 pm and Noah has a long look on his face!! We were just SURE there would be no school tomorrow...enjoy your yummy dinner, hugs and love, Dawn

Marie said...

ahh yess, mushrooms on toast. Nectar for the Gods. Yours look fabulous!! xxoo