Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Potatoes and Eggs


We had baked potatoes for dinner last night and ended up with a few left over. There is nothing better than crispy, browned baked potatoes and, when you combine them with eggs? Well, yum.
Here's how I make them:
1 T butter
2 small leftover baked potatoes
1 T chopped onion
2 eggs, lightly beaten
salt and pepper
1 T grated cheddar cheese
Put butter in a frying pan over medium high heat and allow to melt. Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Add onion to butter and saute for a minute or so. Add potatoes. Don't move the potatoes around too much, you want them to get all brown and crispy.
Once the potatoes are browned, make a little well in the center and pour in the eggs. If your pan is too big, pull up the eggs at the sides until they set. Yes, I know this from experience.
Once eggs are set, remove from pan and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Salt and pepper to taste and you have a wonderfully warm and filling breakfast.
This will serve two, unless your husband does not like eggs. Then you get to eat them all by yourself. :)

7 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

YUM! This looks wonderful! Hubby would love that -- Me too!

Marie said...

Oh, that looks sooooo good. Todd and I would both love that so much. May make this at the weekend! xxoo

Bill and Maggie said...

Mmm...I may have to do this. Maybe even this morning for my late breakfast...

Cathy said...

Yumm!
Karin that looks so good! Think I'll borrow your recipe for Saturday morning when I cook breakfast.
Thanks ♥♥

Nan said...

I am going to make them - right now! The only thing is I'll hold off on the cheese, and I might scramble the eggs in a different pan. That's the only way I like them; other than in baked goods, of course! Thanks for sharing this.

Nan said...

It's a few minutes later and I made them! Wonderful. Delicious. I scrambled one egg in another pan, using a bit of the butter. did the rest your way, and they were perfectly wonderful with a piece of toast and oj. Thanks so much!!

sarayutouched said...

make me want to run home and put some taters in the oven for supper so i can have this yummy breakfast tomorrow!! too bad hubby doesn't like eggs...it's like my hubby not liking oatmeal cookies...oops i forgot-more for me!!!