Monday, January 4, 2010

It's a Sickness.....

I'm in the mood to do a little redecorating.




What is it about a new year that makes me want to change things? This year my top priority is my hall bathroom. Here it is in all of its glory. This photo was taken in 2007 and I can tell you that it no longer looks like this. It took me forever to paste 2 full books of scrapbook paper to the walls, add grosgrain ribbon trim and stick on a bajillion buttons to make this look like a patchwork quilt. Now it just looks tired and dated. And boring. I want a new, fresh look for the place that my family and guests will use.
The rest of my house has taken on the color of vintage paper- soft golds and warm toffees, along with a smattering of black and chocolate browns. I want to continue that look in my bathroom and make it more homey and inviting. Comfortable, if you will.
So, down will come the scrapbook paper, the yards of grosgrain and the bajillion buttons. The question is, what will go up in its place?
Until I decide, I will leave you with this image that made me chuckle. It is exactly how my family thinks of me when I get the redecorating bug. I really don't understand why.


4 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha! So cute! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the bathroom. Sounds like lots of fun!

Diva Kreszl said...

oh dear, thanks for the chuckle...so true, redecorating does create a bit of mayhem doesn't it? I have plans for redoing a small bedroom into a guest/sewing room...I better start stretching now!

whimseycreations said...

Noooooooooo not the bathroom - I loved that bathroom! But I know what you mean. For me it's painting the master bedroom closet which is now done, rearranging and painting the master bedroom and bathroom. And re-doing my studio. Yep - that's slated for February so you'll HAVE to come one third Monday to see what I've done!

TinyBear said...

Hi MadreKarin
Thank you so much for visiting over at my place and for entering my giveaway
Happy New Year
~ Tina