Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Mine came in with a snore and a sigh. Yes, I missed all the hoopla, with the exception of being awakened by one of our neighbors setting off fire works. Once that was over, I fell right back asleep. I don't even think I dreamed.
Maybe that was a good way to usher in 2010- sound asleep. In my quest to de-stress, getting enough sleep is high on my list. No more waking up tired for me! I want to hop out of bed in the morning and greet the world eager to get to the business of the day.
So, here's to morning prayers, hanging laundry, feeding the hens, making breakfast, making lunch, making dinner, quilting, crafting, visiting family and friends, thrifting, yard sale-ing, working, doing service, taking my camera everywhere, kissing my husband, hugging my children, patting the dog, going to church, cleaning the house, planting the garden, reading a book, reading blogs, and all of the other things I love to do. This year, they will all be accomplished with eyes wide open and the realization that, if some things don't get done, the world will not end. Goodbye endless chain of sleep-depriving thoughts that play like a horror movie in my head- there's always tomorrow.
I feel better already.

8 comments:

monix said...

Happy New Year, Karin. May all your wishes be fulfilled!
Maureen

Diva Kreszl said...

Happy New Year! Let's embrace 2010 with all the gusto we can muster...here's to enjoying each and every delightful moment!

Bill and Maggie said...

Happy New Year! Sounds like a pretty good outlook to me!

The Feathered Nest said...

Happy New Year sweet Karin!!!! I do hope it's a wonderful, happy and healthy one for you and all of your family ~ I sure do need to follow your lead about sleep...to be rested and healthy is a GOOD thing!!! Have a great weekend dear friend, hugs and love, Dawn

Colleen said...

Oh that sounds like the Perfect Plan for 2010! If you manage to do it, let us all know your secret - it may be the best thing EVER!

Thimbleanna said...

Ok. I think of all the goal-setting, resolution making posts I've read, this one is my favorite. It can all be so overwhelming -- I just want to remember your almost last thought -- "there's always tomorrow". Thanks for the reminder!!!

whimseycreations said...

Great attitude Karin and thanks for the reminder that in 100 years it won't matter anyway what we got done as long as we're happy at the end of each day. Hugs and happy new year!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

I love a new start and it's always great to reevaluate the priorities!

Here's to many restful nights.

Happy zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

:)

Cathy