Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Moultin' Chicken

It sounds a bit like a spicy Latin dish, doesn't it? Although, I don't think that Pearl would appreciate that I said that. The poor baby is moulting and she looks horrible.

I am so glad that we don't look like this when we moult!
Thank goodness the hair on our heads is much more forgiving.


I am thinking of making her a little fleece coat so that she can stay warm, perhaps something in a nice mustard color to coordinate with her feathers.
Hmm, chicken covered in mustard...........
I'm sorry, Pearl. Please forgive me.

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Yikes! Pearl looks like she has scurvy or whatever disease causes distress to your skin! I hope this phase is over quickly!

Crystal said...

Poor Pearl! The other chickens look beautiful though!