Sunday, November 29, 2009

Turkey-schmurkey and a Little Elf

I think that if I never see another bite of turkey again, it will be too soon. Although, my family is doing a splendid job of comsuming what appeared to be a mountain of it in the refrigerator. We've made turkey sandwiches, creamed it and put it on toast, cooked it up with eggs for breakfast and it will be going into soup tomorrow. Yikes! I know they are the little bird of thriftiness but, really, you can have too much. I think I'll freeze the soup.
To work off all that turkey, my sister, niece and I have been creating. This is what I've been working on:



Oh, dear. This is a terrible picture! But, it will have to do as this little elf is packed up and will be traveling home with my sister today. My niece's school has a silent auction on Friday and this little bit of impishness will be on the table. Gee, I hope she does well!
I will be making one more this week, for a gift. They are a little labor-intensive but I love making them. It's funny how all of my elves and fairies have that same wide smile. They all look like my grandmother!
I hope you all had a lovely weekend and have recovered from your Thanksgiving feasts! Please don't send me turkey recipes. I don' t think I could take it. :)

7 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Karin, she's just BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love her ~ and she's already gone....I hope she makes them big money!!! xxoo, Dawn

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Creativity is the perfect antidote to a turkey hangover!

Thimbleanna said...

But wait! You forgot the turkey tetrazinni LOL! Your little elf is adorable!

Utah Grammie said...

You Grandmother is you muse :-) This one is just adorable and she'll be very fruitful for the silent auction.

Anne~fiona and twig said...

Your elf is just too adorable!!!
Thank you so much for entering my giveaway, best of luck!
Anne

Anonymous said...

Karin- I am amazed you had the strength to make anything else after all that dinner! The elf is adorable and looks like great fun to create. Good to hear you had a wonderful holiday, have a great week recovering! Brmble

Cathy said...

She is so sweet! The detail is amazing!! Happy crafting days :)