Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lovely Day

I had the pleasure of spending a few hours yesterday with this girl.



Going to Dawn's house is always a treat. You never know what changes she has made or what new treasure she has aquired. Her home is beautiful, just like she is, and a place where you feel all of your troubles melt away.



We played in her studio. The last time I was there the studio was housed in a small bedroom. Seeing her new, glorious space makes me wonder how she fit all of her supplies in the old one!
It has been far too long since I have sat at a craft table and made something from other than fabric. Quilting has been my focus lately and the paper arts that used to consume me have fallen by the wayside. It was nice to sit with paper and scissors and alter a composition book. We used Dawn's favorite gel medium to glue things down and I am hooked! So much smoother than the other popular decoupage medium and it doesn't smell bad. I know what my next 40% off coupon from Michael's is going towards!



The beginnings of our books. I'm not showing my almost finished top because it shows how rusty I really am. I'll be tweaking it a bit more here at home. Dawn's is much prettier and more thoughtful. Just look at this lovely lady:



Dawn's husband, Dennis, made the most delicious secret sauce for the chicken salad she served on croissants for lunch. She also made spinach dip served with crackers and a luscious cheesecake for dessert. A sweet, simple fare interspersed with happy conversation. Oh, and little Miss Ellie, who waited patiently for someone to drop a tiny morsel just for her. She is the cutest pup on earth.
I left with a lighter heart, a full tummy and a desire to make my home a place where friends can come and play. We don't do that nearly enough.
Thank you so very much, Dawn, for a sweet, peaceful afternoon. It was exactly what I needed.

2 comments:

whimseycreations said...

Do tell what kind of gel medium? Sounds like a perfect day!

The Feathered Nest said...

You are such an angel Karin!! I really did have the best time with you ~ it was so relaxing and comfortable....thank you for the well wishes, after sleeping all day Sunday I'm finally back to myself! I hope that I wasn't too zoned out while you were here sweetie ~ thank you so much for all your wonderful gifts and the pleasure of your company,
hugs and love,
Dawn