Maureen bestowed this lovely award upon my blog and for that I am very grateful. Thank you, my virtual friend. :)
I am supposed to surrender seven things that you might find interesting about me. Um........
Here are my 7 things:
1. I long to live in a small town, where the sense of community runs deep and strong. Where, you might ask? I'm thinking Kentucky. When I am there I experience such a sense of peace and calm. Oh, one day, one day.
2. I love to paint. Not on canvas, although I have done so, but on my walls. I cannot tell you how many times my rooms have changed color on a whim. My family can though.
3. Did I ever tell you I don't like chocolate chip cookies? I may have, but I'll say it again here. I don't like them. At all.
4. I love fried clams, with their bellies still attached. No calm strips for me, give me the whole shebang, thank you.
5. I learned to swim in a lake. I hate lakes now- the slimy bottom, tiny fish nibbling at your toes, the murky water. I was a much braver child.
6. One summer my friend, Patty, and I took a pitcher of water and a bar of Dial soap out to the side of my house. We each soaped up our hair, twisted and twirled it into strange shapes and then hid behind the stone wall waiting for a car to pass by. When a car did dare to pass, we would jump up from our hiding place and began yellinga nd dancing. We were very weird children.
7. I don't think I have 7 things. I cannot think of one other thing that you would find ineteresting.
My other duty is to nominate seven others for this award. Since I have such a difficult time choosing, consider yourself nominated if you are reading this. There are so many wonderful blogs that I visit every single day it would not be fair to single out just a handful.
And to those of you who do come by and visit, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope you find this place a pleasant distraction from your busy days. That is why I read yours.