Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tasty Treat

Do you ever just get a hankering for something sweet and yet you don't know what it is you want? I had one of those today. So, I flipped through the cards in my recipe box and my eyes fell upon just the perfect thing- Banana Bread Pie! Yum, yum, I do love this.




I wish I could remember where I got the recipe. I have a bad habit of writing down everything on a recipe card and forgetting to note where said recipe came from.

Whatever its origin, I am grateful to the person who shared it. This has become my go-to recipe for unexpected company or a quick mid-day snack. Like today. So, in order to carry on this kindness, I am sharing it here with you. Enjoy!!


Banana Bread Pie
2 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup Bisquick or other baking mix
2 large eggs
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with baking spray.
Mash bananas in a bowl with a mixer. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into prepared pie plate.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges have caramelized and the center is still a bit soft. Cool for 30 minutes before slicing. Serve with vanilla ice cream or just plain.
How easy is that?

8 comments:

Betty said...

I'm sure it's easy for people who bake on a regular basis. I MIGHT try it anyhow; wish me luck...it looks and sounds delicious!

CocoJ126 said...

please somebody hand me some rotting bananas....i have got to have a piece!!!!!

monix said...

Karin, this sounds good but I don't know if there is an English substitute for Bisquick. Wikipedia says "One cup of Bisquick can be substituted by a mix of the following ingredients: 1 c flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbsp oil or melted butter." So English readers could use half that quantity with your recipe. I'll try it when my bananas have ripened and report back.

madrekarin said...

Betty- It's so good to hear from you! I miss reading your blog. :(
Coco- Your comment made me laugh out loud. :) I see you are an Atl. girl. Come on over!
Maureen- Please let me know how the substitute works for you. It will probably be better since you won't be using a box of mix that has been sitting in the pantry for eons. ;)

amy said...

ummm, yes please!

Thimbleanna said...

Banana Bread Pie. Really? Wow -- this sounds VERY interesting. I love banana bread. I love pie. Sounds like a match made in heaven. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

CocoJ126 said...

let me get my keys...oh and my spoon...

CocoJ126 said...

i made the pie!!! mmmmm.