Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday Snapshot


It's a little gray here in Georgia and that gives me an excuse to keep this little light on all day. I found this lamp at a yard sale and I recovered the shade with a black and white check and ruffled cotton twill tape along the top and bottom. I love cotton twill tape. It has so many uses! I had to glue the lamp to something because it wanted to tip over all the time- enter a red and white chippy saucer! Problem solved. I shopped my house for the rest of this little vignette. A pitcher of dried hydrangeas from my garden, a sweet little basket and a few sea shells sit on a sweet black bench in my dining room. (Dawn, do you recognize it?) Ah, it all makes this rainy day a bit more tolerable.

Hope you all have a happy Saturday!

4 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

I DO recognize it! And that says alot for this old brain! The tiny lamp is so precious now with your touch ~ the ruffles are my favorite part Karin!! Such a great idea to weigh it down a bit...I hope you have a great weekend sweet friend ~ xxoo, Dawn

Utah Grammie said...

I love this! It looks so homey and welcoming. I love gray days because I love to have little soft lights on everywhere. Perfect :-)

Thimbleanna said...

Very, very pretty Karin! Such a wonderful idea for your cute little lamp. And thanks for showing the pitcher of your hydrangeas -- I have a bunch in my garden too -- I need to bring them inside!

Anonymous said...

looks great! I love the whole setting, very warm & welcoming, just like you! Hope you are having a great week! Bramble