Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Three, Count Them- Three Years!

As I was wrapping up this plate of cookies this morning, I realized that I have had this box of plastic wrap for what feels like forever. I bought it in the summer of 2006 at Costco. If I'm not mistaken, it only cost about $10 for 3000 square feet.



Three years later it is still going strong. The box is a bit tatty now and I have had to glue the cutting strip back on a few times but that is to be expected. Who would have thought that it would still be in use? Not me, that's for sure!



As you can see there is about a half an inch left on the roll. How long will that last me? Do you think I can make it to next summer? Maybe, maybe not. But if it does, it will be the best $10 I have ever spent. For $2.50 a year for plasic wrap, it's a total bargain.
When it does reach its end I think I'll be a little sad. But I'm pretty sure that the shiny, new boxes at Costco will shake me out of that pretty darn quick!

2 comments:

Utah Grammie said...

Well, now I KNOW we were separated at birth! I wrote about just this thing last year when I had completely ruined the blade-thingy and wanted to by a new one, but I had so much darn wrap left, I couldn't justify it! Do you use their garbage bags? Same thing! They last about 2 years!! And we have a lot of trash :-)

Utah Grammie said...

PS - your box looks WAAAY older than mine was- :-)