Sunday, July 5, 2009

Whatever Possessed Me.......

To go into the bathroom and take a pair of scissors to my hair? :) It was getting much too long and I was pretty tired of trying to make it look nice. Long hair and I do not get along very well. So, in a moment of insane impulsiveness I cut my hair. Short. Funny things is that I really like it! No, it isn't perfect but it isn't anything a good stylist can't fix in 8 weeks.
Something that did turn out perfectly this weekend was Susan's homemade soft pretzels.

Oh. My. Goodness.


I remember making soft pretzels when my children were small. Once.



Susan's looked so delicious that I had to try them again. My kitchen smelled heavenly. Good thing you can't see my dirty oven. ;)



I added cracked black pepper to the dough and garlic and coarse sea salt to the tops. A side of classic yellow mustard completed my afternoon snack. All I can say is, "Heaven!" They are delicious and so super easy to make. Really, in less than two hours you can have homemade, hot-out-of-the-oven pretzel goodness. These will definitely stay in my make-at-home file.
So, what did you do this weekend?

3 comments:

lindaharre said...

I must try these! Look delicious and so easy! Thanks:)

The Feathered Nest said...

You are so adorable with short hair!! I do that a lot too Karin ~ I want instant gratification! And the pretzels look so delicious, I hope you have a wonderful week sweet friend, xxoo, Dawn

notquitejunecleaver said...

YUM YUM...Hey if you were here I'd let you cut my hair!