Monday, July 27, 2009

Has Anyone Seen the Right Side of My Brain?

The creative side of my cerebral cortex has somehow developed legs and wandered off during the night. I cannot for the life of me imagine why it would want to do that, can you? I think I have a pretty nice place for it to reside. Maybe it thought differently.
This would explain why I draw a complete blank when I go into my craft room. I pull out papers and glue, bits and bobs, canvas and paints, place them on the table and.......nothing. Zip, zero, nada, rien. It is a sad, sad state of affairs.
I have looked high and low, in baskets, drawers, cupboards and on shelves. In the closets, the kitchen, the hen house and garden. Where has it gone? Hmm, I wonder. Have I tucked it somewhere and don't remember? It's possible, I've done it before.
Wherever it is, I hope that it is getting a lot of rest because when it gets back, it is going to be very busy. In the meantime, if you happen to run across that naughty right hemisphere of mine, don't let on what you know. It may never return!

6 comments:

whimseycreations said...

It either went to Mexico on vacation and drank too many margaritas...or maybe the Georgia heat just plain fried it? Good luck!

CathyJean said...

Yep, mine does that too! :(
Sooo annoying, isn't it? Just ignore it and it will come back all by itself! LOL! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm blaming it on the heat! Mine has done the cha cha off to parts unknown as well, but it better get back here soon! Maybe ours are vacationing together?! That would be fun and I bet they are cooking up a big bunch of Fall projects for us! Yes, I think I will hold on to that notion! Bramble

Nan said...

Don't feel too, too badly - that part of my brain has never presented itself to me. I am a great, great appreciator but not a creator!

Betty said...

Hello. We're home from our 3-week trip and it was wonderful. Now I've caught up with your posts I missed while travelling. Gussie and Pearl are just too cute! As for the right side of your brain...I didn't find it in my travels...good luck with that.

Utah Grammie said...

I think it ran off with mine :-(

Hopefully they will both return to their loving albeit less crafty homes soon...