Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Did you Miss Me?

It has been a flurry here. Of activity that is. This past week I have:


1. Watched Miss Gussie return to good health. Turns out that the girl is a climber! I caught her halfway up the living room curtain yesterday. I'm pretty sure that is what caused her to have a sore neck last week. Falling. But she is back darting all over the place, a happy kitten once again.


2. Grown my fingernails out to a length that I can still work with but makes me no longer appear to have Hobbit hands. Man, Hobbit hands are just not a good look. Unless, of course, you are a Hobbit. Then they look fabulous.


3. Finished the Scottie Dog block, almost finished writing the pattern and quilting the original for my mom for Mother's Day. On Sunday!!


4. Began the one-seam Flying Geese blocks for my mother-in-law's Mother's Day present. Did I mention that it is Sunday?!



5. Walked three miles on the treadmill every day. I know, I know, I hate it. But, it must be done. I feel a bit lighter, my back feels better and I am now able to chase the chickens around the yard without losing my breath!



6. Began working on a project for the next issue of MaryJane's Farm magazine. I love how it is turning out! Cute stuff, if I say so myself. Here's a tease: (it will in no way give you any hint of what's to come)




7. Pieced the top of the latest strip club quilt. Only one more border to stitch on! It went together in a snap. I now have five quilt tops to make into quilts. Good night.



8. Learned how to make homemade English muffins from a friend. Made the fifth batch of homemade yogurt, which was turned into yogurt cheese. I added garlic and dill to one half and strawberries and brown sugar to the other. Mmmm, sweet and savory. Perfect to suit any mood I may be in.

9. Missed all of you so I made sure to visit your blogs. And thank you for stopping by to check in on me. I am grateful for all of you. :)

That's it. I'm back on track. For now.

8 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

You must slow down -- you're making me dizzy! I was just sitting here thinking -- oh, I should make my mom something for Mother's Day. But what? Think I'm a little late???

monix said...

Welcome back. What a busy bee you are and what lovely presents for your mothers. I didn't know that your Mother's Day is different from ours in UK. We celebrate it during Lent.

CathyJean said...

well, you have had a lot of irons in the fire!! and that's quite a list of accomplishments :) hummm... new project for MJF magazine? no hints?? ahhh!shucks!

Utah Grammie said...

OK, are you going for the "Little Home on the Prairie" award? Can you hear the jealously in my sarcasm? You have done SOOO much! Home made English muffins? What will Thomas do?? Home made yogurt? Sounds incredibly good - but time consuming! You are a brave, brave girl!

sarayutouched said...

karin~ your are one of my favorites...and i have an award for you at my site...please stop by for it...

xo
robin.

Betty said...

Oh, whoopee, something for MaryJane's Farm magazine? I have a subscription and will be watching for the next issue!

You do more in a few days than I can accomplish in weeks...good thing I have no deadlines!

Just back from Arkansas and catching up. Take care and rest, just a little!

science + skeleton said...

what is gussie saying? i can't read the caption.

madrekarin said...

Gussie is saying- "I'm ooooookaaaayy!"
You know, it didn't really sound like a lot but now that I look at the list, I realize that it is! :)