Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Did a Bit of Sewing Today.

After spending a couple of hours outside in the garden, I came back in with an itch to sew. I've had this idea running about in my brain for a while now. It's a string bag for my kitchen. I am always trying to find a place to store my kitchen twine and I really don't need one more thing cluttering up the counter top, so a bag was the perfect solution. I think it turned out super cute!

I need to shorten the tie a bit as it is a tidge too long.

My twine will always have a home and I will never have to hunt around for the end again, thanks to this handy grommet I placed at the bottom.
They say that necessity is the mother of invention,
and I guess they are right.
I'm going to go tie something up now.

PS- I'm making up a bunch of these, string included, and they will go in my very neglected Etsy shop next Monday. Once I dust the cobwebs off, that is.

3 comments:

Jennifer Paganelli said...

now that's totally clever...

ga.farmwoman said...

Ohhh, that is so cute and useful at the same time. I could use of your bags around here. We always have twine laying around.
I love the chicken material too.
Great job!
and when you get ready for a hen nest box...yes!! you can come down and pick one up.
Have a great weekend.
Pam

Utah Grammie said...

What a darling idea! You are one talented sewer..uh..seamstress?