Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's 12:47 AM. Do You Know Where Your Owl Is?

11:30 PM- It started, that distinct call of "Who-hoos." trailing through the night. I turned to my husband and whispered, "Do you hear that? It's the owls! How cool."
11:57- The sound is building to a cacophony and I think that there might be three or four owls in the woods behind my house. My goodness, they are noisy.



12:12 AM- The "Who-hoos." have now elevated to war cry status. I am sure there is something out there that is running for its life.
12:17- Silence waves its magic wand over the woods as the piercing wail of a fire engine cuts through any thoughts of sleep.
12:27- The owls must feel confident that the fire engine was not coming for them as they once again begin to serenade us. Oh, joy. Oh, rapture.
12:34- There is an owl in my back yard. Where's a big rock when you need one?




12:47- Through the window comes a sound that sends chills down my spine, something akin to the nasgool as it looms in on Frodo Baggins on the crumbling wall in Osgiliath. Only in this case, there is no Sam to save this victim from impending doom. Or Faramir for eye candy.
12:52- Silence. It's about freaking time.


8:51 AM- Ah, here's Faramir. Why couldn't he be running through my woods ?



6 comments:

JellyQ said...

Faramir can't be running through your woods because he's busy running through my dreams.

Brainiac's Daughter said...

Faramir... sigh... just sigh.

science + skeleton said...

madre, what the crap was that all about!?

Amy Ellen said...

Oh goodness, thanks for the giggle!!! I needed that.

Betty said...

Just back from Vegas and 'catching up'. You have been busy while I was away. Such a cute pendant you made. And such a cute picture of Faramir...haha. Hopefully, your owls will take the night off and let you get your beauty rest.

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Hilarious!! Sleepless in Blogland Chronicles.