Monday, March 2, 2009

367,002

That is how many errors were on the adapter that brings the Internet into our house. Wow. And each one, in its own way, did its best to make my weekend just crummy. No Internet, no blogging, no reading blogs, no happy e-mails from friends, no farming on Facebook.... you get the idea. I was beginning to think that this whole digital thing was a big mistake. But, thanks to a sweet technician named Luke, I am once again able to surf the Web and visit with each of you.
What was not a mistake here in Georgia, was the weather man's prediction of S*N*O*W!! Leaving church at noon time, we were greeted by big, fat flakes of snow falling from the sky. I swear I zoomed straight back to my childhood, that's how excited I was to see it. My humble apologies to those who have nothing but snow and cold, winter temperatures, but this is a treat here in the south, one I welcome with great exuberance for the one day we receive such a blessing.
Here are a few photos of The Great Georgia Snowfall of 2009. Take a good look at that little squirrel. He stayed in that position for a full two minutes before he returned to munching on sunflower seeds. It was hilarious. But I bet he was really mad at me.












7 comments:

monix said...

Lovely photos to treasure, Karin. We had only seen snow once in the twenty years we have lived here on the coast and then we had two whole days of it in February. It really is exciting when you don't have it every winter, isn't it?

Betty said...

Beautiful pictures; I love the little squirrel. They must have a LOT of fur on their behinds to sit on the cold so long, eh? It's about 4:45 pm here and our thermometer on the patio reads 85 degrees; feel free to come visit us! We should have cooler temps later in the week..back into the 70s. Come on down..er, out..er, up??

Utah Grammie said...

Good to have you back - wow- isn't that snow just beautiful? And as much as we get, I still very much love it!!

The squirrel is adorable :-)

chou said...

Gorgeous! I love your little baby kitty. And your flock of chickens. :)

Carol............. said...

I love your photos.........wonderful shots!

(One of my hobbies.)

MJ's Farmgirl

MNScrapbookmom said...

So glad that you are back up and running again. :) Such lovely photos. They could be in a photgraphy book. Seriously... I would buy it. :) Have a good week, all is well here by the way. Thank you for checking in on me. Kyra¥

Nan said...

A Redbird Lent! :<)