Monday, January 5, 2009

Noodle Dance.

Really, I am so easy to please. Sometimes it is the simplest things that make me deliriously happy. Like this:



Today's lunch. Mmmm. Doesn't that look delicious? Trust me, it was. Simple, good, warming and filling, it had all the qualities to make for a repeat performance at some future date. Maybe even tomorrow. I'm calling this dish Noodle Dance, just because. If you would like to make your own steaming bowl for your lunch, the recipe is below. You won't be sorry.
Noodle Dance (for two, or one piggy-wiggy):
1/2 pound thin spaghetti
1 T butter
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
salt and pepper to taste
tiny pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, or more if you are brave
6 small tomatoes (I used Campari tomatoes which are about the size of a golf ball)
Prepare pasta as directed. In a small skillet, melt butter and saute garlic over medium heat. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Oh, ick. Add parsley flakes, crushed red pepper and salt and pepper. Cut tomatoes into quarters and add to butter mixture. Heat thoroughly until tomatoes rend their juice and turn a bit soft. Serve over hot, drained pasta.
This is oh, so good with a slice of Italian or French bread and a small side salad. Or, just on its own.
Happy Noodle Dancing!

3 comments:

Utah Grammie said...

Hmmm..sounds great - Looks great. I'm hungry, can you tell? I guess I'm pretty easy to please as well.
LOL

Betty said...

Isn't it a Melissa Ethridge song about, "I wanna come over..."

Wow, that looks delicious and I just had my evening meal...90-calorie granola bar...so, it looks better and better.

Thanks for the recipe.

Jennifer Paganelli said...

love your little guy banner so cheery..and sweet baby Jude oh and thanks for the noodle dance delicious!!! Jennifer