Friday, January 23, 2009

I Am So Easily Entertained.

I began working on a little project for my kitchen today. One that involves covering buttons. I love covering buttons.
Cut, poke, hammer, hammer, pop out something cute! Who wouldn't love that?



These are the fabrics I have chosen for my project.
Cheery, cute flowery fabric (poppies?) with a classic red gingham. Oh, bliss!





Doesn't that little gingham rosette make you smile?




Here they are, ready to be attached to "The Project." When it is completed, I will be sure to share a photo or two. But, it might take a little longer than I expected as I have had a slight accident.
Carrying a bale of aspen shavings down to the hen house this afternoon, I managed to step on a very hard pine cone and , with little aplomb, fell like the proverbial ton of bricks. I twisted my right foot, which was obviously perturbed that the left foot had received all the attention last year and wanted some attention of its own. As I write this, my leg is up on a pillow and ice is numbing my foot.
Perfect.

4 comments:

Betty said...

Oh, my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident! Not a fun reason to have to just 'sit around', eh? Love your buttons. You know I don't sew; ergo, I didn't even know you could cover buttons with your own material...how lame is that? Guess I thought you had to buy buttons to match whatever you were sewing. I'm gonna have to live a looooong time...I have a lot to learn yet!

NotQuiteJuneCleaver said...

OH MY!!! I can so relate...I took a tumble week before last. Still sore in places. Take care of yourself...the buttons look adorable...cant wait to see the rest of the project!

amy said...

I am so sorry about your foot! I can't wait to see the project. I love red gingham. Well, all gingham, actually. And I love to cover buttons...very rewarding.

Oh, and while at the grocery store today, I felt a tug toward the canning supplies...

Utah Grammie said...

Oh poor baby! Rest and re-coup...'cos I wanna see what you're up to with the ADoRAbLE buttons! I love love love gingham and flowery!
Take care of that ankle, OK?