Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hidden Inside.

Leaving secret messages in the quilts I made for my children proved to be a stroke of brilliance.
Like a treasure hunt just for them they pored over their quilts, gliding their eyes and their hands looking for where their message had been stitched.
You can actually see Ainslie's in this picture. Funny, but she did not look at the back.


In tiny, tightly-grouped letters, her message reads: "Snug as a bug in a rug, this quilt is full of hugs." Her roommate, Caitlyn, found it first.
Here is a view of the front. It is a pattern called Two by Fours and it was easy-peasy to make.



Only one more to finish and the Christmas quilts will be done. Well, the 2008 Christmas quilts, anyway. 2009 has just begun!

Did you notice that I only have one more post until I reach 100? Be on the lookout here for a speicial little giveaway in celebration of my 100th post. You will be so happy you did!
Oh, and please, pay no attention to the package of toilet tissue on the floor. Please? How did I miss that?

9 comments:

Beemoosie said...

Oh, love the colors of that quilt, and how creative of you to think of the messages!! Something for you children to treasure!!

Betty said...

I've never heard of secret messages in quilts..what a really great idea!

Your quilt is beautiful; I'm sure your daughter is delighted with it!

Tissue...what tissue (teehee)?

smoothiejuice said...

beautiful

Autumn said...

HOW COOL!
I stitched messages & verses from the bible on some of my quilts.
I'll be watching for your giveaway!
:)

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Karin! I LOVE the quilt you made! What beautiful work you do!Such a sweet idea! Love the TP! Have a great day! Hugs, Maryjane

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Karin, The quilt is so pretty and I love the hidden message!

Have a grand day,
Stephanie
Queen of Dreamsz

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Oh I love this quilt. I love squares. What a cute idea to leave a message in a quilt. I really love that idea.

Brainiac's Daughter said...

The quilt is GORGEOUS! You are freaky talented.

Anonymous said...

It is indeed a stroke of brillance to do the special message. I simply love the idea. I think it is a stroke of brillance to make those gorgeous quilts too. Wow!
Rebekah