Sunday, January 4, 2009

Here, Chick, Chick, Chick.

Behold, a small table topper quilt that will be popped in the post to New Jersey sometime this week. I started this on Friday and finished it up this afternoon after I came home from church.





It is a "better-late-than-never" quilt, for a friend who has been waiting patiently. Very patiently.
Done up in my favorite colors (I mean really, how can you resist such cheerfulness?) it has tiny vintage pearls stitched in the plate for the chickens to feed upon and carnelian colored seam binding gathered up for the combs. I love the combs. I think they are my favorite part.
It is small, only eighteen inches square, but packs quite a happiness-inducing wallop.
Dearest Bramble, I do hope that you will like it and that it will grace your table for many years to come. I just hope it doesn't remind you of how much of a slacker I am. ;)

7 comments:

Betty said...

What a great little quilt! Four little chickens...so perfect coming from you...you are very crafty!

The Feathered Nest said...

You are so NOT a slacker Karen...with the holidays, the gifts, the cold...what a beautiful little quilt, you know she's going to love this!! I hope that you're feeling better...Oh, I just remembered...remember those quilt squares you were selling at the plum tree? Cindy said they were still there! You may need them for some projects ~ Wishing you a wonderful week sweet friend, xxoo, Dawn

The Feathered Nest said...

You are so NOT a slacker Karen...with the holidays, the gifts, the cold...what a beautiful little quilt, you know she's going to love this!! I hope that you're feeling better...Oh, I just remembered...remember those quilt squares you were selling at the plum tree? Cindy said they were still there! You may need them for some projects ~ Wishing you a wonderful week sweet friend, xxoo, Dawn

Utah Grammie said...

That is one of, if not, the cutest quilt I have EVER seen! I just love it and I'm certain your friend will know it was well worth the wait! It would not grace my table - oh no- this is a work of art that would be hung on the wall - darling! She's a lucky recipient for sure!

smoothiejuice said...

that is marvelous karin, just absolutely adorable...looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it!

Anonymous said...

Karin- You are an amazing, talented and busy woman, I would never call you a slacker! The fact that this is for me is just well...remakable! What a sweet and wonderful surprise! I LOVE IT! ( Why yes, I am shouting and jumping up and down with excitement!) This treasure will have a place of honor on the wall silly girl, please make sure you sign it!
Hugs, Bramble

Aunt Jenny said...

Oh Karin..that is the cutest ever!! I love it!!! What a fun gift for Bramble...she is one lucky girl!! Cute cute cute!!